Monday, March 17, 2008

EBU's top rep's from February give you a bit of insight....



"What did it take to get #1 rep in the entire EBU for the month of February?
This process took a lot of hard work, it entailed knowing where I stood in the month vs. the other reps that I was working against. I had to want this achievement for myself, no one else can make me work hard but ME. I knew that I had to blow up my activity and that's why I made "stretch goals" for myself, goals that seem just out of reach. I kept pushing myself to hit those goals and I knew that’s how I could capture the top spot. My manager Rory Goldstein gave me the extra push that I needed when I would say "I'm done" he would be right there with me the whole way urging me to do more, asking for MORE!
This next thing may sound crazy, but I utilized positive affirmations and I still do today. Saying things like "I'm the best in this company", I'm the best at what I do, I like myself, my clients like me, I will succeed, I will achieve my goals and anything else I could think of to boost my self confidence and demeanor on the phone. Now at first nothing happened, about 3 weeks into using these techniques I saw magic! My sales started to steadily flow in like water.
I also knew what the "prize" was at the end of the tunnel so to speak and that definitely helped me focus on what I was doing and blocked out all other distractions in the office.
Hard work, persistence, and getting outside your comfort zone will all help you achieve the #1 rep in your division.
Now one can want you to get there more than YOU DO!"

-Kenneth Yakel

"Work is what you make of it. I truly believe that everyone here is given the same opportunity and resources to succeed and excel at their job. I know, I came into the company determined and focused to do well, therefore I pushed hard and during times when I would fall behind, I always had my eyes focused on the goal, and that was to be prove to myself that I can accomplish anything i put my mind to. Sales was not my dream job, but I am taking advantage of this time to professionally build myself and use this as a stepping stone in becoming stronger and more developed."

-Kannitha Sith


"“Nothing is worth more than this day.” – Goethe

One of my best friends from college gave me a card with this quotation as the front design. Ever since then, I’ve always put it up where I know I’ll be able to see it everyday. It’s a nice, little helpful reminder that “nothing is worth more than this day;” all we have is the present, the now.

To be honest, I was quite surprised when my name was called on the Top 10 Reps list for February. I didn’t even think I would qualify. The reps were asked to write a short testimonial on how we’ve managed to achieve our spot. My immediate response was, “Dial – Set – Run = $$.” This has constantly been drilled into all our heads more than once by upper management. Digging deeper, however, I realize that what got me on that list was my inner drive to hit my goals (short term and long term). From the very first week in training we were all told to write down our goals and focus on hitting them. Well, I did. I wrote down very detailed goals, thought of how I was going to achieve them step-by-step and everyday I made that step forward, inching me closer to victory. When I get to work in the morning, I mentally create daily goals for me to reach; it’s a lot easier to attain something bigger if you break it up. So everyday I made sure I was doing something productive towards my main goals. Eventually, before I knew it, I accomplished my goals. And, boy, it sure does feel great to be able to cross them off my list.

"Living in the “now” everyday when I came into work was what helped me to become successful for the future. We’ve all heard from seasoned reps that doing the activity NOW will set us up for making sales THEN. All we have is the present; so live in the NOW and make it count for THEN.""

-Christina Intal

"My goals in life have helped me get here. Honestly, I am just like everyone else. There are days and weeks that are hard for me. I have been perseverant. Whenever I feel like I can't do it, I remind myself why I am here. Attitude plays a big role in everything. I have places I want to go within the company. I want to buy a house and go back to school. Those are my reasons to continue pushing. You have to have a rock solid reason why you are coming to work each day and cold calling. When I first started, the main reason was I had rent and bills to pay. I didn't have a choice, I had to succeed."

-Frances Knapp



"I was able to put more deals on the table by keeping my activity high but also made sure I was always running quality appointments. Additionally, I started using Live Meeting with every appointment and that has been a key factor in closing more deals. It really works!
Send thank you cards with your business cards in them because you will get a call back when the time is right for them. I closed a 6k deal with a company that was one of the first appointments I set back in training over 8 months ago!"

-Heidi Schuman


"Sell yourself on every appointment and have our great products compliment you because the products speak for themselves. If a client feels that you are an extension of what they are doing, it is probably something new to them that our competition has not offered them before. February consisted of numerous small deals to get old clients back and new clients to try us. By working closely with them, I am setting myself up for some big deals for March/April. I would say customer service, Live Meeting, and really knowing our resume database inside and out were the keys in finding my success."

-Steve Denson

"I achieved this wonderful ranking due to extreme encouragement from my team lead at the time, Justin Main. I ran great appointments by asking a lot of important questions. I also asked for advice from my more experienced team mates, since I don't have as much experience. With the help of great people around me, and with my positive attitude, I was able to exceed my quota and get good clients along with it.
Some examples of tactics that keep me going are:
I alway s tell myself, I have three weeks to hit quota; I never let myself think I have four weeks.
I don't go out for lunch (not even to the break room) until I hit quota. This keeps me focused.
For my lunch I will try to do postings for clients and take some Online Modules on Merlin.
I just like to work hard and make things happen!"

-Michelle Broderick


"I know that sales can be very tedious, however I know that activity is key. It's a numbers game . The more people I get in contact with the better chance I have to make money. I have companies that I ran appointments with in October calling to buy now, so I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel"

- Kelly Crost

"This month was all about getting the pipeline flowing, taking care of current customers and turning those customers into winbacks. I have had a habit of letting those short term trials fade out instead of sticking with them and turning it into a larger account. Of course dials and activity played a large part, but you can never underestimate the importance of good old fashioned customer service."

-Chris Gregg

No comments: